Bridging the gap. Building connections. Creating new narratives.
This one-day conference unites leaders for an engaging conversation to deconstruct stereotypes and false narratives affecting Africans in the diaspora. This year’s conference will focus on bridging the gap, building connections, and creating new narratives. Until the lion has a historian, tales of hunting will also glorify the hunter. It’s time to tell our own story, through our own voice, to make an impact in our community.
Location: Library of the African Diaspora (LOATAD)
LOTAD Address: 4 Portuphy St West Legon, Accra (click the address for the Google map)
Time: 2pm-7pm GMT (doors open at 1:30pm)
Covid-19 Protocols: Temperature checks, hand washing, and wearing of nose masks is mandatory
- Click to view this year’s speakers
- Click to view the tentative schedule
Cost: 45 ghc: Advance pay, 60 ghc: At the door
- Registration will close
Friday, 27-August(Extended until Sept 3)
- All attendees are required to pre-register (due to covid-19 restrictions, we will not accept walk-ins)
- REGISTERED attendees have the option of either paying in advance or at the door (see payment instructions on the registration form)
- Full access to the conference, all sessions, and conference materials
- Light refreshments and beverages
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
“All people of African descent, whether they live in North or South America, the Caribbean, or in any part of the world are Africans and belong to the African nation.”-Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah